Interview with Disashi from Gym Class Heroes


Do you have any pre-show rituals you like to do?

Disashi: Yeh. Basically, we all put our hands in a circle. Travis screams, "First thrust!" then we yell, "Balls deep!" two times, and then we count 1-2-3 and yell "Jerry's!" at the top of our lungs.

Craziest thing you've ever had happen while you were playing a show?

Disashi: We've always had a lot of girls come up on stage during clothes off, but that's kind of expected. Recently our hype-guy has been stage-diving every single day during "Cupid's Chokehold", which is kind of cool. I know there's definitely better stuff than that, I just can't think of it right now.

Have you seen The Dark Knight?

Disashi: No, I haven't. My friend saw it, but the theatre basically had no good sound system. So, everyone was really pissed off.

Yeh, I saw the first five minutes of it with barely any sound at a drive-in.

Disashi: Sucks, dude. You're missing half of the experience, know what I mean?

Absolutely. So, favorite word that starts with a "q"?

Disashi: Uhm...Quixote.

What are some on the road activities you guys do when you're bored?

Disashi: I just play music. I'm a nerd. Either I make music, or recently it's been Grand Theft Auto 4. Just wasting my life killing fake people.

How far in are you?

Disashi: I don't know. I haven't done any of the missions at all. The other dude's do the missions, and I just sort of...slaughter random civilians.

What do you think of the band Dr. Manhatten? Their on the tour.

Disashi: I haven't caught them at all. I'm out of the loop man. I'm out of the fuckin' loop.

What is the wind-velocity of an unladen swallow?

Disashi: Uhm, 35km per second.

Catch the reference there?

Disashi: ...no?

Monty Python.

Disashi: OH! That's really funny. I was like "I don't know!" for a second.

Last question: Why?!

Disashi: Because I can.

By by Matt Keith, Mammothpress.com