Travie To Perform In Live Webcast With Daryl Hall

It's no surprise to serious fans of Gym Class Heroes that the group's lead vocalist Travis McCoy sees Daryl Hall of the duo Hall & Oates as one of his key musical inspirations. The band even went so far as to call a headlining concert tour last year the Daryl Hall for President Tour '07. So...it will be a special moment this Friday evening, February 15, at 8 p.m., when McCoy joins Daryl Hall for a live webcast of the February installment of the series Live From Daryl's House. The free, intimate program will feature the two collaborating on a version of the Daryl Hall written song "Everytime You Go Away," a #1 hit for Paul Young, and a version of Hall & Oates' own "You Make My Dreams" mashed up with the Gym Class Heroes' "The Queen and I."

Of the collaboration, Travis McCoy says, "Part of me was horrified before working with Daryl to be honest. There are 2 people I hold high on my caste system of people I think are cooler than me, my father being the other. I grew up on Daryl’s voice. I am forever grateful for the chance to work with and befriend someone I've looked up to all these years."

Daryl Hall responds, "Words fail to express the fun and creative fulfillment that I had recording and playing with Travis. I think the combination of his poetry and my musicality came together in a very historic way, and I don’t say that lightly."

Check out all of the details on the program here.

By About.com